Thursday, 9 November 2017

The Doodle - Update

I mentioned a while ago that I'd started doodling a little picture for myself, based on the seaside. Between quilts and the picnic blanket (which seems like a very long time ago) I've been working on it and having a good old time. 

Here's where it is today



With a 10p, for scale!



 I've started adding a few bits of net, lace and hemp thread to it for texture. 



The lace is from a very glitzy top I bought at the charity shop so I won't have to spend as much time adding beads and sequins *yay*. 





It's a great way to relax as there's no right or wrong, just wherever I fancy stitching at the time. 

14 comments:

  1. I love this and I enjoy seeing your progress. The texture and your needlework are beautiful. Is there an end in sight or will it be an ongoing project? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's just an ongoing thing, something to keep my hands busy really, it could go on forever!

      Delete
  2. Looking just lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really interesting with the different textures and all the stitching.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful vision and realization, all those perfect, tiny stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, and like Jules, I really enjoy seeing your progress when you post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't think to post about it very often, but I'm glad it's appreciated.

      Delete
  6. What a super idea!!! It looks really attractive.

    ReplyDelete