Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week

The last week or so has quite a good time for bargains.

we had loads of supermarket vouchers for money off, bonus points, cheaper fuel and all kinds of things so we made the most of them. We, of course, didn't go to Manchester so didn't spend a ton of money on food, travel and whatever else. 

Dan has been after a pizza peel for ages, but whenever we see one he refuses to pay the going rate, so when I spotted this at the shop I snapped it up for 49p.


It's actually a Mason Cash cake lifter, but it's an ideal size for our needs, and far cheaper than the alternatives. 

I bought a couple of things for myself this week from the charity shop too. 


Grey/ neon blazer, originally from Gap. good for wearing for just bodding around and at the shop - we have no heating so it's cold in there during the winter! £2.49


Grey Phase Eight dress £2.99. It does have a belt, but I'd already put it away. This is a good everyday dress, I can wear it with something rather more colourful to brighten things up, just my style though. 

Something I would never have bought, but accepted as a freebie was a pack of tissues. We bought a new teapot and travel mug (I keep using Dan's) and were given the tissues as a thank you. 


As we have some new tea towels, we also have some new cleaning cloths. 


Finally, the best freebie of the week, a new fence! We did offer to split the cost with our neighbour, but he declined, but politely asked if we could remove some ivy from the wall (it was already on the list).


12 comments:

  1. Nice items. Your garden is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now the new fence is up we're going to focus on that back bed next year.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sometimes they all come along at once!

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks so inviting - great you have a new sturdy fence. I like the dress - just the kind I would wear for work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there is still plenty to do to fill out the garden, but it has come on more this year than ever before.

      Delete
  4. Love the piping on the blazer and that dress is just lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wouldn't even have considered the blazer were it not for the piping.

      Delete
  5. Love the tea towel! Thistles.

    OK, I confess, I collect tea towels. Nothing makes my heart sing in thrift stores faster. The hunt is real, "made in the UK" "made in Britain". It's getting harder but, the search....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean. We infrequently receive old tea towels as donations to the shop, they're so popular and get snapped up quickly.

      Delete