Thursday, 2 November 2017

For The Minimalists


I nipped to the town for a couple of things today and decided to have a look for something to read. I have also just bought The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin, and am just at the end of Better Than Before, also by Gretchen Rubin but fancied something to flick through too. 

For anyone interested in stuff the current edition of New Philosopher is a really good read, it talks about the difference between collectors and hoarders, the relationship between possessions and happiness, gift giving, the question of why children have to share when adults don't, dealing with possessions after someone dies, and even Marie Kondo gets a mention. 

It's not a cheap read at six quid, but it's great food for thought. 




4 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting - I have just been watching the two programs about the super rich and our economy on TV it is frightening when you see these kind of programs to see how much the world has changed - I think not for the better either. I suspect there is no happiness in possessions. I have the Happiness Project by Gretchen and thought it had some useful challenges in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good edition, well worth reading.

      Amazingly, The Happiness Project is the one thing by Gretchen Rubin I haven't read! I listen to her podcast every week so have heard so much about it. I'll probably buy it when I've finished The Four Tendencies. I wouldn't normally like to buy full price books by the same author, but I get so much from her free content, such as the podcast, I'm happy to pay for the books.

      Delete
  2. Love the cover-it would be nice in a frame? Enjoy reading-I'm currently re-reading "A spool of blue thread" for my readers' group. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying reading more this year than for a long time.

      Delete