Monday, 12 June 2017

Pending


Back in the olden days when people used to buy newspapers, we used to buy a newspaper on a Saturday, lounge around with cups of coffee and read from cover to cover. We don't buy a newspaper all that often any more, but it's still enjoyable when we do. I have kept one article for nearly a decade, because it described dream garden. When I tore the pages out we didn't even have a garden, but I thought one day maybe we might.



This is it, a lovely big mix of plants to look out at and spend time in. 



The gravel and the pots were right up my street then, and they are right up my street now. 

I don't really need to keep these pictures as they are locked into my memory, but there they were in with the magazines I sorted out when I moved my cookbooks. I love our daft little treasures. 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have kept them for so long, hopefully one day you will have the garden just how you want it. A wonderful treasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a real boost to see it again.

      Delete
  2. I do like pots and gravel they give a garden contrast against the planting - it is always interesting to come across little bits and pieces like this that you save. It's a bit like doing a time capsule - also interesting to find it is still your dream garden because sometimes our tastes alter over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little bit like a time capsule!

      Tastes do alter, but I think because we didn't have a garden at the time I just fell in love with the idea of this place, then moving here with such an overgrown garden it seemed like it would never look nice. It's given me a little boost to really work on the enclosed, cosy space I would like.

      Delete