Monday, 22 May 2017

Hero Products - In The Fridge

The holiday is over and it's time for me to reclaim the house. The washing machine is on, surfaces have been scrubbed, the menu is written on the board and all the little things are being examined - I've even cleaned some lampshades this morning. I'm surprisingly full of beans considering the 2am start today, watching the new series of Twin Peaks. 

One thing that happens when we're on holiday is that I lose control of the fridge, I don't cook as much so I don't really know what's going on in there, so I was less than delighted to find out that a jar of sun dried tomatoes had been lying on its side and oil had leaked everywhere. So I did what I assume everyone else already does, I hunted around the house and garage for some tubs to contain all the open jars of stuff.


Ideal.

The other fridge development came from Muji last week. The cafe we go to in Burnley has a huge jug of fruit water on the go and I love it, so we decided to make some ourselves. 


Behold! Excitement abounds, a jug!


The little basket screws into the lid so we can just pop some fruit in there and let it flavour the water. 


Today we're having raspberry. Such a little thing makes such a big difference. 

16 comments:

  1. That jug is such a clever idea! As is having tubs in the fridge, but we have lots of lids with absentee bases and for the life of me I can't think where they went as they were not that long ago new.

    I haven't seen Twin peaks yet, but I am so excited to do so. I am ever hopeful for the return of Gordon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just one of the mysteries of this world!

      The jug is really good, some fruits don't need as long to infuse so the basket makes it easier to remove it when needed. It also has a great seal so we were able to take it out and about with us too.

      Delete
  2. No, I don't keep my open jars in tubs but that's such a good idea to avoid spillages. I shall definitely adopt your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always assume that my blinding insights are so obvious everyone else must already do it!

      Delete
  3. I've seen those jugs and bottles before, they seem like a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, ideal for the fridge and good to take out and about too as it's not too big or heavy.

      Delete
  4. Fruit infused water is a wonderful thing to have around. It is so simple and something I should do every night for the next day, but I usually forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely treat, I think I'm in the swing of making it, hopefully we'll keep it up.

      Delete
  5. Holidays are the best but it's always good to reclaim your routine, although I now feel very guilty for rarely cleaning the lampshades.
    Your fridge is looking fabulously organised (guilty again) so hopefully you won't get any more oil spills. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, it was not organised until recently! I don't often clean lampshades either, I only did the bedroom ones as Dan claimed his smelled weird (?!). I cleaned the ceiling shade from the living room recently and it took about 10 days for it to be reassembled and put back up, so don't feel guilty!

      Delete
  6. A brand new infuser jug and water bottles came in the charity shop the other week. I was tempted to buy a bottle for the gym, but they had a very strange opening that didn't look easy to drink from, so I passed. The jug is nice but a bit too expensive for my budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some bottles do have an odd opening. Good idea to pass if it's not just the right thing at the right price.

      Delete
  7. I just hate it when something leaks in the fridge. I never seem to find it until it has made a terrible mess. I love your idea of using the tubs to contain opened jars and bottles.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what happened, I saw something dripping (on a rare visit to the fridge) then saw the oil everywhere.

      Delete
  8. What I good idea - the fruit baskets in a jug - I have never seen these - I need to get out more! Hope your jar holders do the trick - good idea - we have just returned a leaky pot of jam where the glass jar must have had a crack in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen one before, we were just having a mooch round Muji and Dan spotted it.

      Delete