Monday, 10 April 2017

April Week One

April for me started last Monday so we've just finished week one, and it has been a dear do. I was given a large amount of clothes pegs, which is brilliant, plus some more craft stuff. I don't know how much of the craft stuff I'll keep but I'll get to it at another time. 



As mentioned yesterday we went to the football on Saturday at a cost of £30 each. While we were there we bought tickets for the Everton game this coming weekend, again these are £30 each BUT we will receive a £10 rebate on each ticket. Last season the Football Supporters' Federation had a "Twenty's Plenty" campaign, aiming to limit the cost of tickets for visiting fans to £20 for Premier League games. It was finally agreed that £30 would be the limit, so the FSF and Virgin Media have teamed up to offer £20 tickets, via a rebate to fans for certain games. Luckily for us Burnley v Everton is one of those games. A picnic keeps down other expenses while we're enjoying football, but we did treat ourselves to cake from The Green Room this week. We will avoid Liverpool city centre at the weekend to avoid temptation! 

The other large expense was the kettle, it's an essential so we couldn't shop around for the best deal, we went to the local retail park and looked in a couple of shops there and ended up with one that looks nice enough and most importantly makes water hot! One upside of this is that a new Aldi has opened there and so I nipped in for some broccoli and made the most of the Super 6 and ended up paying £2.67 for a nice mixture of veg.


To me that looks like smoothies, a stirfry or two, curry, stuffed mushrooms, risotto and almost certainly soup! 

We visited the discount pet food shop, rabbit food has increased in price by 14p since we last bought some back in January, this shop is still so much cheaper than anywhere else. We paid £3.99, the last time we looked at the fancy pet shop the same product was £5.15. 


To keep me quiet I've decided to start eating the elephant that is my huuuuge book, I've decided to read a few pages a day, that should mean I finish it by the end of the year, it's not light reading at over 4kg, I'll be stronger by the end!

6 comments:

  1. I was just pondering what to make for meals, and since we are now told rain today will change to snow (#%*)$^*)#^$^), I guess it still is soup weather. I've become such a huge Premier league fan, now that we get games here on Saturday television. I putter around and watch the teams I have tied now to follow. but since I don't really know the system yet, I'll not share who I have become a fan of for fear of insulting someone or getting berated. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow, how disappointing, hope soup makes up for it a little!

      So glad to hear you're enjoying the Premier League coverage, it's been an interesting season. This is a place of no "banter" your football affiliations will be respected :D

      Delete
  2. Can't be without a kettle, absolute essential. Goodness that is one huge tome of a book, happy reading xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the kettle will be boiled many times while I wade through the pages.

      Delete
  3. It's sounds like you had a great weekend, except the expense of a new kettle. I've had my kettle 3yrs and it only cost £6. It's just a basic white one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania, it was an excellent weekend, the sun makes everything better though doesn't it.

      Your kettle sounds like a bargain, sometimes the inexpensive things are still the right choice.

      Delete