Sunday, 24 July 2016

Something Fishy


I mentioned yesterday that I picked up a piece of fabric for 49p from a charity shop with nothing in mind. After messing about with the stones in the garden an idea came to me. 


This is one of the seat pads we used to have in the dining area in the days when the white rabbit could get onto the chairs, it has been rabbited! I kept the pads for use in the garden. I was going to make a whole new cover for the pad at first but then when I realised I was feeling lazy I decided just to make a patch, a no-sew one at that. 

I already had some wundaweb type stuff from something or other so I just cut out a shape, enough to cover the damage, pressed a small hem then this morning I set to work. I cut the shapes last night so all I had to do today was get the iron out. 


By the time I got outside it was chucking it down with rain, but I had to see what they looked like!


Vibrant! Just the way I like things. 

16 comments:

  1. Making do and mend never looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright idea, they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really pleased with them.

      Delete
  3. The cushions look lovely and what a great idea. From the photos the colours look well together.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am a big fan of orange and green together so the cushions look great on the chairs (to me anyway!)

      Delete
  4. What a great transformation, love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's not something I'd usually go for, but I'm so glad I did

      Delete
  5. So pretty. You did a lovely job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so pleased with them. Dan also found two more cushions in the garage yesterday, so I'm going to patch them too. I think there's just enough fabric to patch one side of each new cushion so I'll have a full set, two for the lounge chairs and two for our bistro set.

      Delete
  6. They look fabulous and they match the wet stones!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really happy with them, and I love the stones when they're wet!

      Delete